The Lovebox can only be connected to the 2.4 GHz band on Wi-Fi routers. But you may see two band with the same name in the list of WiFi available for the connection of your Lovebox. Don't panic, you certainly have two WiFi bands: a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz.
In this article, we'll help you figure out how to find the right band (2.4 GHz) and connect the Lovebox.
First, please note:
- All Wi-Fi routers are different, but they all have a 2.4 GHz band.
- Newer routers are often dual-band router, with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
- It is possible that both of your 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands have the same name (SSID) and password. We will see how to distinguish which one is the right one.
Now, please follow the next instructions:
1. If you see only one WiFi, it is certainly the 2.4 GHz, you can choose it and connect to your Lovebox.
2. If you see two bands, but they are named differently, you should be able to choose the right one. It should be named with 2.4G, or 2.4 at the end (ex: mywifiname2.4)
3. If you see two bands with the same name, be sure to look into the settings of the router. You will find which one is the 2.4 GHz band. All routers are different, so don't hesitate to ask someone who knows about it for help if needed.
If after all these instructions, your Lovebox can still not connect the WiFi, don't hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to help you. 💪