The Loveboxes which have been returned for technical issues are recycled. Our partner OPAS is taking care of disassembling the Loveboxes.
Out of the Lovebox
- The user guide, legal guide, packaging, and heart packaging are recycled by a paper recycling partner.
- The USB cable is reused if it’s still working or recycled if not.
- The plastic part of the cable is separated from the wire part and crushed into pellets to be used for 3D printing.
- The wire part is recycled by a recycler specialized in electronics.
- The plug is also reused if it’s still working (almost 100% of the time).
- The plastic part of the plug is separated from the electronical part and crushed into pellets to be used for 3D printing.
- The electronical part is recycled by a recycler specialized in electronics.
- The metal part is recycled by a metal recycling company.
- The Pixel red heart is reused when it’s still in good condition (almost 100% of the time) or recycled if it’s not.
- The magnet is separated from the plastic. The magnet is recycled by a metal recycler
- The plastic is crushed into pellets and reused for 3D printing
In the Lovebox
- The bamboo box and lid are saved and reused to make furniture.
- The glass on top of the screen is removed by a 3D printer recycling company, then crushed to sand-size to be reused in glass manufacturing.
- All plastic parts inside the Lovebox are crushed into pellets by the 3D printing recycling company and reused for 3D printing.
- The electronic from the screen is recycled by a circuit board recycling company together with the circuit board and the motor (without the wires).
- Wires are recycled by a metal recycling company, together with the screw and the brass know.